Monday, October 19, 2009

St. Teresa, Pray for Us

Hello again

I've had one of those weeks where I feel God is trying to send a message.

Early in the week, I picked up a copy of St. Teresa of Avila's "Vida", her autobiography. I am not so sure about the translation, as it seems to have some 'new age' potential...but I've paid for it, so I'll read it.

I neglected to remember that her feast day was October 15, which coincides quite well with my starting the book!

I have read some of this Doctor of the Church's work before. I think I may have an affinity with Carmelite spirituality.

This Sunday's homily brought a mention of St. Teresa, which I think is the first time I've heard her mentioned at Mass. Apparently Father is a fan of hers as well. I was pleased to find this out.

During Mass, I noticed the presence of a friend whom I have not seen in several years, as she moved away. Four years back, she borrowed a book from me, St. Teresa's "Interior Castle". When I went to give her a hug after Mass, she said "I have something for you!" It was my book!

So I've come to the conclusion that it is time for me to do some more reading of Saint Teresa. I don't think it could be more obvious.

God Bless

No comments: